By investing in private enrichment for your child, you are:
- Giving your child the best chance for success in band;
- Providing the impetus for your child's life long enjoyment and appreciation of music and the arts;
- Allowing your child to be provided with individualized instruction that goes at his/her own pace
- Providing an avenue for increased self-expression that will serve to reinforce and heighten an overall positive self-image;
- Greatly reducing the chance of burnout, boredom, or indifference towards music and band (consequently, students who are in lessons tend to be more motivated to practice and continue their musical growth - many times they go on to serve their peers as student leaders of the band).
The importance of the enrichment program cannot be overstated. While lessons are not required, they are strongly encouraged. The 30 minutes per week your child would spend with a professional on his/her instrument is infinitely more important than the 4 hours the student spends with a band director during class! Depending upon lesson teacher schedule, lessons can be given during band class or after school. The fee for lessons can vary slightly from teacher to teacher.
How do I sign up for private lessons?
You can sign up for private lessons by contacting Mrs. James or through your local music store.
Separk welcomes students of all ages, children to adults. We are dedicated to helping our students reach their maximum potential by encouraging and maintaining an exciting learning experience.